There can be a number of reasons why the app will not connect properly:
1. Make sure you have an authentic SJCAM Action Camera. If you are unsure, please follow the steps here: www.sjcamhd.com/safe/
2. Make sure you enable WiFi on both the camera and your mobile device, and can connect. If you keep losing connection, see if there are other devices trying to connect to your mobile device.
3. Some phones/mobile devices that connect to other devices like WiFi routers, will disconnect your camera. Try disabling them when connecting your camera to your phone.
4. Make sure you have downloaded the latest SJCAM app from the AppStore (iOS devices only) or from Google Play (Android only).
5. If you are performing an app update, the app will temporarily be disconnected and will only be available when the update has been completed.