This brightness adjustment should fix most of the hot-pixels problems. To proceed, please follow the steps:
1. Format your Micro SD card, insert the SD card to your computer's card slot or connect the camera to your PC.
2. On your SD card, in the root directory, create a folder and rename it "engmode".
3. Insert the SD card into your camera.
4. Cover the camera lens very carefully, make sure that no light gets through the lens.
5. Power on the camera, wait for about 30 seconds making sure the camera lens is well covered:
6. When you see a "DP: Pass" message, hold the power button for a few seconds to power off the camera.
7. Eject the SD card and delete the "engmode" folder using your computer.
8. The hot-pixels problem is fixed.